LENTEN BIBLE STUDIES
Once again during Lent we will hold a weekly Bible Study on Thursday evenings when we will look at several of the Lenten Lectionary readings, with a focus on Jesus’ journey as recorded in Matthew’s gospel. We will think about who Jesus is, and where we may be called to join him in the way of the cross. We will meet in the Boardroom beginning at 6:30 pm and finish by 8:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to join. If you plan to attend please contact Rev. Faris at: email@example.com
At this point, we are planning to continue with the Thursday evening Bible Study with the help of technology. Please contact Rev. Faris for details.
Sunday Forums are held at noon following worship and continue throughout the year. We offer speakers who bring us information, insight and their expertise on a variety of topics that, we hope, you will find both interesting and useful.
In 2018 Forums covered such topics as:
- “Evolution in the Works” whereby Toshio Ushiroguchi-Pigott presented a tour of the Don Valley Brick Works as an eco-tourist destination
- A presentation by the members of the group who participated in the congregational exchange visit to Trinidad and the celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Presbyterian Church of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Kate McGee, Executive Director and Chaplain of Boarding Homes Ministry, spoke about the legacy of the late Rev. Rodger Hunter and all the new things happening under her leadership.
- Maria Hadzis, the National Volunteer Coordinator of Prison Fellowship Canada (PFC) spoke about PFC’s vision and mission in light of Jesus’ words in Matthew 25. She also discussed the church’s role in restorative justice and challenged us to examine how we are fulfilling Jesus’ mandate to love “the least of these”.
- Vivian Kwok from the “Our Doors are Open” project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University spoke about what it means to be part of a sacred space that is accessible to all.
Forums continue in 2019 and so far we have been lucky enough to have heard from the following:
- The Rev. Dr. Kristine O’Brien joined us on our 189th anniversary Sunday and brought us up to date on what is happening at Crieff Hills Retreat Centre.
- The Presbyterian World Service and Development (PWS&D) was represented by both Susan Viegas and Kristen Winters, who spoke about the life-enhancing work of PWS&D and specifically about their recent Monitoring and Evaluation mission to Ghana.